Tuesday, December 22
Monday, December 21
major apologies, i havent blogged in a frickin age!
here's a bit of a brief update :)
- I started uni in Edinburgh! Really enjoying it
- I get on really well with my flatmates & i reckon im going to be sharing with them next year, which is pretty awesome.
- I've met a load of new people, & have, bizarrely, somehow managed to bag myself a boyfriend (mystery indeed)
- I'm back home for christmas now after three bloomin exams (results in february, urg.)
- It snowed here at home so I spent most of yesterday sledging, enjoying the whole thing, which was lovely :)
- I've met up with all my old friends which has been so nice, i don't think i fully realised how much i missed them till i saw them again.
- I accidentally bought the blue-ray disc version of 'coco before chanel' for my mums christmas, only now all the normal versions are sold out everywhere around where i live :( i doubt il be able to find a copy before christmas, & i feel really bad!
Hows it going with you guys? I'm intending that next semester will be much better planned, & i intend to incorporate blogging time into that as well :) (also need to find time at the start of the semester to do a tour of Scotland visiting all my friends at various unis!).
It's nice to be back taking it easy now, & the snow is magical! I took loads of pictures of the snow, but i left my camera cable back up in Edinburgh :(
Hope all you guys are enjoying the winter weather (& possibly snow!), or sunny weather depending on where you are in the world, & are looking forward to Christmas :)
PS. since i last blogged, i've become pretty obsessed with devendra banhart. he is the bees knees, in my wee opinion :)
Tuesday, September 22
i watched 'top hat' tonight & it was much, much better than i expected.. it makes me wish i could dance like fred astaire & ginger rogers.. & it was hilaaarious.
Thursday, September 10
Wednesday, September 9
Tuesday, September 8
- i always phone my two excellent friends, & chat away to them until ridiculous times in the evening (morning).
- i sit with the laptop, watch episodes of 'mock the week' on iplayer that i have definitely seen before, & end up knowing so well i can rattle off the jokes to anyone interested
- make lists of anything & everything
- drink way more tea than usual, & may even have a hot chocolate
- research vw campervans for sale on the internet (ahh i so badly want an old style baywindow one in any colour). even though they're all up there is the £5000/6000+ mark (unless you're after a restoration project), i like to just read the stories that go with them. one guy got his in france, drove it to cyprus & got the inside all decked out in cyprian wood, then drove it back to england?! amazing.
- recreate my favourite baguette that i get sometimes from the local deli (its called the Americana - turkey ham, jarlsberg cheese, grainy mustard, dill pickle-which i exclude).
- research for absolutely aaages the sort of camera i would, in a dreamlike world, own. i've gone from lusting after an original poladroid camera to really wanting a diana f+ (or a diana mini.. ahh i need help!). with, of course, the accompanying flash, & also the 35mm backing. orrr... do i want a fisheye....?! arg. [reality clearly being ignored in these musings]
- consider all the things i really have to do.. then do none of them [cue VW search]
- read through my freshers week pack for the trillionth time & consider all the things id like to go to (the Harry Potter Society are having a Sorting Ceremony.. WITH butterbeer & pumpkin pasties...yuss much?!). (& the Chocolate Society are having a Roald Dahl Party! with their own version of the chocolate river apparently..?!).
as unexcited as i am about leaving, Sorting Ceremonies & general Chocolate Fests are rather alluring..:)xxx
Tuesday, September 1
i have their first album, & i basically listen to it in the car everyday, via my ipod. but, when my ipod broke, i used the cd. theres never been a journey where they haven't accompanied me. & for ages ive wanted to go see them & they're playing glasgow in october! hooray!
&, even better news (for those who like them also, or who may like them) they've just released another album (hooray squared), with this film that they've been working on. vair, vair. cool.
so heres the link :) noah & the whale go enjoy:) & at the same time, download their new single for free, a taster for the newly released album.
the film looks amazing too! ahh. well excited. im loving their anticipation for 'fantastic mr fox' as well.. love wes anderson. & fantastic mr fox looks incredible. check out the official trailer here... as does where the wild things are! omgg great trailer: where the wild things are trailer
ahh, a post of links!
hope everyones having a good weeeeek!
looks like my friend enjoyed his birthday party which is gooood:)
Monday, August 31
most played songs on my ipod right now:
- 'at the hop' - devendra banhart
- 'west coast' - coconut records
- 'pull my heart away' - jack penate
- 'flagpole sitta' - harvey danger
- 'sleepyhead' - passion pit
soo it'll probably be that kinda thang.
& amazingly, via the wonderous facebook, ive managed to find two out of my three future flatmates! & they're both really lovely:)
Sunday, August 30
- made the oars for my wee dinghy a staple ornament in my car. interesting & handy for spur of the moment boat trips, yes. impractical & uncomfortable for backseat passengers, definitely.
- hardly been in my wee boat at all:( it's been raining for ever here. & no chance of sunshine anytime soon either..
- scratched Rambo, the beloved ka. on a massive pillar. whilst attempting to park. i'm really, really bad at parking.
- come round to the way of thinking that actually, the white scratches look cool on the black ka, as if im magically travelling so fast, the back end is all a blur.
- gone to a few parties, mumbled & bumbled around the house about how sad it is to leave.
- finished working at my job (just a temporary set time thing).
- got rather inebriated, went to the beach with friends at 1.05am, wrote in the sand, looked at the stars (saw TWO shooting stars..yuss), got cold, met an old architect in a suit who told us all these amazing stories about how one time he'd met Jimi Hendrix, & been to see the Beatles & everything. everyone crashed at my house, we ate a lot of biscuits.. it was a good night:)
- begun planning some sort of gathering for a friend's birthday on monday.
- remembered how lovely & comforting a log fire is.
- realised that i am now officially addicted to tea, & slushies (purple tastes best i think).
- & now it is.. 13 days till i move up to edinburgh & begin university!
songs of the moment are all sad & about leaving, fraid to say. currently loving Coconut Records, & just Jason Schwartzman in general (loved Darjeeling Limited & I Heart Huckabees & recently watched Rushmore.. & loved it too..). Jack Penate - 'Pull My Heart Away' kinda sums up my feelings about moving away entirely.& it is now my mission in life to see '500 days of Summer'. Darn the local odeon! (the only cinema within 20mins from where i live). sucks much?:(
Thursday, July 30
hope everyone's good & enjoying the beautiful weather! its been raining the last week in scotland, typically, but it should be getting better soon:)
happy happiness y'all:)xx
Tuesday, July 14
Thursday, July 9
i feel like going for a bike ride. hedgehogs swimming are possibly the cutest thing ever (just saw it on some vet programme). being on a boat kills my appetite, mais apres boat, im constantly hungry. i honestly cant imagine life without music, or my ipod (esp. johnny flynn, as per normal, devendra banhart, beck, the cave singers, belle & sebastian, m.ward,etc..). andy murray, love him, shame about not beating roddick. ..am going to see the new harry potter film, & despite having read the book aages ago & not remembering much of it, i am insanely excited. partly because my last dose of popcorn was waay too long ago. im currently on a mission to find out why the tea at work tastes so different to the tea at home (its not the milk, im taking in my own tea bags tomorrow.. & yes, i am reeally sad). today made me realise that everyone needs someone to talk to, even if they dont say much at all. everythings working out really nicely at the moment (not including the impending leaving for uni).
Saturday, July 4
last day of school :( ..& the self-named 'nerd' gang (we were really nerds tbh, but we had hand signals & everything... impressive, no?)
fun times in rambo, my teeny wee car (who now smells like toast).
this place we went to last week, where there are really big rocks (a la the righthand side of the picture) & really deep water. terrifying the first time, but loovely:) (except for one time i accidentally jumped & hit my butt off a big rock under the water)