ok.. 10 things you may not know...
- i went to hear Tommy Sheridan (leader of the Solidarity Party) speak (as part of a modern studies trip) & i don't think ANYTHING has ever inspired me to do something good. he is a truly amazing speaker, & talks so much sense, so powerfully. they gave him a microphone, but he seriously didnt need it. (i have also been inspired to do good through learning about the inequalities among people in modern studies. i honestly gasped when i heard this; in America, a black high school graduate earns 20% less than a white high school graduate, & a black professional earns 37% less than a white professional. i remain shocked & appalled). im beginning to wonder if im really a socialist at heart.
- right away after university i would love to go travelling. on my list are so many countries (new zealand, iceland, sweden, canada, south america, france-paris especially, all over africa, switzerland, russia, germany..basically, the whole world.) i really don't like the thought of eventually dying & realising i had only ever seen a very tiny part of the world. i dont know what i want to do after university, but if i dont end up in something politics-related i would like to work in a book shop for a while, then travel, then work for a bit, then travel..etc. before eventually settling down & starting my own book shop or bakery/cafe.
- my most serious vice would have to be crisps. i eat too many. i won't say how many a day, because in the past i have & people have been shocked. ohhh dear...on a bad day, four. i tried to convert to fruit crisps, but they hurt my teeth a little. at the moment, im transferring my affection onto sunbites (supposedly gaining 1/3 of my recommended daily intake of wholegrains, along with a huge load of other less healthy stuff).
- i also cannot start my day without a cup of tea. & i drink two small cartons of orange juice every day, & a big carton every week.
- i am incredibly nervous (but excited) about university. main fear is that my lack of cleverness compared to the other people at edinburgh will be exposed through tutorials because theyre smaller & more one-on-one. also, the usual, getting lost, not making friends, not coping with workload, not coping with finances, etcetc. university is actually very stressful. & i will be forever 2hours from my lovely lovely home.
- i pull my little ipod speakers so they sit inside the bathroom door & i can still close it, & listen to music every morning in the shower. i have special playlists for morning showering. & although i love listening to music in the shower, it actually has a more practical reasoning, because then i can kind of figure out how long ive been in (i tend to take very long showers somehow, i think there is a strange timewarp underfoot). only problem is, now i use songs as a measure of time, as in 'oh i won't be long, homework will only take about five songs'. very confusing to anyone but me.
- i am very,very scared of sharks, although i havent ever seen one, nor has anyone i know ever had an encounter with one. i think perhaps as a baby i was accidentally subjected to 'jaws' & its stuck with me subconsciously ever since. or, sharks are very scary.
- ive played clarinet for about six/seven years. i don't play as much as i used to because i dont get lessons anymore, but i used to be in the regional wind band & went to paris & played in disneyland. however, not as glamorous as it may sound, the uniform was tartan trousers with a big puffy black shirt (& mine, due to lack of supplies, was an extralarge, hence was extraextra puffy). also, marching in time & playing was pretty tough. slow marches are sooo difficult i think. we mainly played scottish music (eg.highland cathedral, thats my favourite) mixed in with glenn miller pieces, things like that.
- if i think i need cheering up i watch 'charlie & lola' (i have series one, hehee), or the secret garden, or a little princess. i have lost my tape of mary poppins though :( i love films.
- ahh the last one... i love books incredibly much, but i have to keep them perfect (ie. no marks on the spines or anything). im certainly not a perfectionist, im not quite sure why to be honest. either very marked or not at all, i feel. i particularly like old bashed books though.
ohh, there were more things i could have said, definitely. but i hope this will suffice?
& i dont really know who to tag.. anyone who reads this is tagged :) hehee, im not even sure if ten people will read this.
but, to whomever does, i hope you have thee loveliest day, followed by thee loveliest week.